3900 Don Emerson Dr
Lakeland, Florida 33811
Join us for a weekend of formation flying and experience the thrill of flying as a wingman and lead in close formation with other Cirrus enthusiasts. Guaranteed to improve your stick and rudder flying skills and leave you with a huge smile of confidence by the end of the weekend.
Start with two aircraft formation flights to learn the basics of fingertip turns, close trail, element takeoffs and landings and culminate with a four aircraft flight ending in with overhead break. Safety pilots will fly with each new student and coach you through the process.
If you desire to join other Cirrus formation enthusiasts for the Cirrus to AirVenture (C2A) mass arrival into Oshkosh this is a required step in participation.
Those who have already attended a clinic are encouraged to attend (at a reduced cost) and hone their formation skills with more advanced flying.
Non flying participants are welcome to ride in the backseat as weight and balance allows.
More details and pictures can be found at Cirrus Formation Website (Cirrusformation.org)
The typical clinic follows the schedule outlined below. All clinic participants will receive several e-mails with the exact schedule for the event they are signed up for.
• NLT 1300 - Arrive
• 1400-1500: 4 ship demo flight
• 1600-2000: Presentation and discussion on formation flying (dinner brought in)
• 0830-1000: 1st Practice Flight
• 1000-1130: 2nd Practice Flight
• 1130-1300: Lunch
• 1300-1430: 3rd Practice Flight
• 1430-1600: 4th Practice Flight
• 1600: Dinner (typically the whole group)
• 0830-1000: 4 Ship Flight (if ready, or more 2 ship practice)
• 1030-1200: 4 Ship Flight
• 1300: Departure